Little League International sets all rules local Little Leagues must abide by and enforce. These rules can be found in the 2012 Official Regulations and Playing Rules. Additionally, HSLL has “House Rules” that have been instituted to fit the needs of our League. These House Rules as well as our League Constitution and By-Laws can also be found on the Forms & Handouts page.
Please refrain from parking on the grassy areas behind the Minor and Junior fields at our complex in Deerfield Park. It is a safety hazard to the children who play in the park and there is always the danger of a batted ball hitting a car.
Howell South Little League is a NO SMOKING complex. We are trying to promote a healthy environment for our children therefore smoking will not be permitted beyond the snack stand. If you must smoke while at the fields, please do so on the parking lot side of the snack stand.
Parents Code of Conduct
I hereby pledge to provide positive support, attitude and encouragement for my child as he/she participates in Little League Baseball for the Howell South Little League by agreeing to all of the following:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and umpires at all times.
- I will place the emotional well being and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win.
- I will support coaches and umpires working with my child to model appropriate behavior and encourage a positive enjoyable experience for all.
- I will remember that youth sports are for the children and not for the adults.
- I will demand an environment free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and will refrain from their use at all HSLL events and activities.
- I will do my best to make participationg in HSLL fun for my child.
- I will help my child enjoy the experience by being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching or volunteering as needed whenever possible. As both a parent and a fan, I will refrain from inappropriate, threatening or violent language, gestures or behavior aimed at umpires, coaches, other volunteers, children and fans.
- I will require my child to treat other players, coaches, fans and officials with respect regardless of reace, gender, creed, or ability.
- In the spirit of good sportsmanship I understand that I am accountable for my own conduct as well as for those attending on my behalf.
- If at any point I have a concern for my child’s well being, I will follow the grievance procedure outlined by the HSLL board of directors.
ALL PARENTS AND GUARDIANS OF HSLL are expected to adhere to this parents code of conduct. The signature below acknowledges receipt of this parents code of conduct and greivance procedure. I understand that failure to comply with the above agreement may result in suspension or termination of my attendance at HSLL activities as well as criminal prosecution if necessary.
HSLL Grievance Procedure
IN ACCORDANCE WITH HOWELL TOWNSHIP SOUTHERN LITTLE LEAGUE CONSTITUTION & BYLAWS
Any complaint against another member must be submitted in writing to the president or board of directors. It will be acted on immediately. Any complaint filed by one member against another must be filed in (10) days of the occurrence in question, otherwise it will be at the discretion of the board of directors as to the relevance of the matter. The board of directors will investigate and if necessary discipline, suspend or terminate the membership of any member when the conduct of such individual is deemed detrimental to the best interest of HSLL or Little League Baseball. The president, vice-president, player agent or commissioner for the level of play in question, may temporarily suspend a member pending a hearing if deemed necessary. Any member ejected from a game by an umpire will serve a mandatory one-game suspension.
League Operations Complaints
Whenever possible all complaints should be resolved by your son’s/daughter’s respective manager.
If still unsatisfied please address the issue in the following order;
- Division Commissioner
- VP Baseball Operations
- League President
- ** Board of Directors
** At any time the board of directors may be notified in writing or by attending a board meeting ..
Zero Tolerance Policy
As it is the continuing responsibility and charge of the Howell Southern Little League program to provide the best environment possible for our participants, the Board has adopted a Zero Tolerance Policy. This policy will be strictly enforced. This policy is intended to eliminate all aspects of negative behavior in order to foster a positive environment through good sportsmanship that will serve as an example for our children to follow. Therefore, the Howell Township Southern Little League Board of Directors states that the following behavior will not be tolerated:
- Abusive language;
- Poor sportsmanship;
- Intimidation of umpires either physically or verbally;
- Other acts deemed inconsistent with the objectives of the League.
This policy applies to managers, coaches, players, umpires, board members, snack bar and field maintenance workers, parents, grandparents, siblings of players, and all others who visit our complex.
This policy also applies to practices and games involving participants in our program that take place outside of our facility. Failure to abide by this policy will result in an immediate suspension from the program. The violator(s) will be asked to appear before the Zero Tolerance Committee for a meeting to discuss the incident. Based on the aforementioned meeting, the Zero Tolerance Committee will make a recommendation to the full Board regarding reinstatement, term of suspension or permanent expulsion for the offender. The Board will notify the violator of its decision in writing.